Saturday, October 27, 2012

Character shape/motion study

I've been fortunate enough to have a friend lend me a drawing tablet for a little while. It's been a good excuse to doodle a little bit. I started messing around with the shape/form of my character and working out how I want her sprite to display in-game. Through my prototypes thus-far I've learned I don't really like to have the character all the way in profile. It was actually weird for me to realize that most side scrolling games don't put the character in profile, even though everything is flat and you're moving left and right.

Anyway, I'm not going to act like I'm a great artist but I do have some formal art training and I like how these scribbles turned out, so here they are. I'll probably never clean these particular scribbles up into actual drawings, but the exercise was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment