Monday, December 24, 2012

Moving on...

After spending months refining my gameplay inside what I've been calling "Room1", work on Room2 has officially begun.

I actually designed the first 7 rooms on paper a long time ago, so I don't have to think too much about puzzles and stuff as I'm building it. Just trusting my past self and making little adjustments here or there. I went through the puzzles themselves over and over again on paper, revising most rooms several times. I'm pretty confident they all make sense.

The core gameplay still isn't actually complete, but for my own sanity's sake I'm moving on. Climbing under things still hasn't been implemented at all in the current prototype. It worked in my old one, but that one had its own problems...

Anyway, here's a screenshot from the first real puzzle in the game. Meant to indicate to the player that they need to make choices and really think about how the colours interact with each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment